Monday, February 6, 2012

Five Image Album

14

A woman decides to go for a midday stroll through the garden. There was a great sense of leisure in her step as if she had forgotten of her duties as a woman. The only reason a woman should be outside should be to hang my laundry. Even if this was a high class woman, her time-wasting ability to admire the flowers is incredibly pointless. She didn't plant them.

58

A group of girls are just leaving school. I asked around and found out that the school they are intending is indeed a Catholic school. Despite being a 'Catholic' school it is nice to know that the word of the lord is finding its way into the hearts and minds of the country's youth. They will not be doomed to an eternity in hell like their heathen parents. But I did notice their skirts seem to be a bit high...

64

Never did I find an event in Japan as amusing as this. A group of women, Japanese women, attempting to play the great American sport of basketball. It is nice to know that American customs are being adopted here but never did I want to see the sport desecrated in such a way. Despite the poor performance they put forth an admirable great deal of effort. I find it very amusing that they were able to try as hard as they did in their school uniforms

65

A quite frightening scene during my stay in Japan. During school they seem to put the female students through a series of military style drills. Never should a woman waste her time with such a thing. I don't see how this will make her able to make a better sandwich. Despite the awkwardness they showed an incredible physical effort. I would not be surprised if the lazy whipper snappers back home would not be able to do half the drills these women were able to do at such a high level of proficiency.

66

I am not at liberty to tell you how or why I came across this event. All I can say is that I find it very strange. Two ladies sleeping so close to each other, in the same bed! Yes, strange indeed...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you could tell I tried to have fun by adopting the persona of a man particularly ignorant to other cultures. I pictured maybe a blue-collared man from the deep south USA. So these images are all in relation with his sense of fascination with Japanese women.


3 comments:

  1. I thought that your persona and comments about every photo was really good. The thought of a Western person so ignorant of other cultures and women was a really good idea. I really enjoyed your captions with every photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your album! Your persona was so real and I especially like the last picture. It is so strange sleeping closely like that. Nice analyze ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great album! I can definitely see the fascination with Japanese women in the persona you created. I also like that each image shows a different aspect of Japanese women, and not that they aren't portrayed as just musicians and entertainers.

    ReplyDelete